Monday, April 18, 2011

Gluten Free Spiced Sponge Cake



If you're craving sweets, this is a perfect, easy way to satisfy it. It's simple, doesn't require a ton of clean up, and it's low fat, so no guilt is required. In this recipe, I don't use a lot of sugar. If you like sweeter cakes, you may want to add a little more.

You will need:

1 1/2 Cups of rice flour

1/2 Cup of tapioca flour

1/3 Cup of sugar

3 eggs beaten

1/4 cup yogurt

1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract

1 Teaspoon of gluten free baking powder

1/2 Teaspoon of baking soda

1 Teaspoon of cinnamon

1 Teaspoon of nutmeg

1/2 Teaspoon of lemon zest

1 Tablespoon of coconut flakes

1 Teaspoon of unsweeten cocoa powder (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together the rice and tapioca flour and add the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs for approximately 5 minutes, until they are fluffy. Then add the vanilla and sugar and beat for another 5 minutes. Add the lemon zest and yogurt and beat until it is mixed well.

After this, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat well.

Pour the batter into a greased pan, and sprinkle coconut flakes, cocoa powder and little more cinnamon on the top.           

Bake for 25-30 minutes.

Make yourself a nice cup of coffee (or tea) and bring joy to your sweet tooth!!

                                                                                       

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through BlogExplosion, and I am so glad I did. I am allergic to gluten and have been looking for some interesting things to do with my food. Love this post!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saleah,

    Thanks so much. I appreciate your comment! I haven't posted in awhile because I have been in the process of moving, but I am planning posting more recipes soon! Thanks again and I am glad you've enjoyed the recipes

    ReplyDelete